Australia Bloggin...errr DiaryMargo Kingston offers an Australian view on the Iraqi war and their possible involvement in his "web diary".In his latest entry, he discloses an E-Mail he received from Adrian D'hage who served in the Australian Defence Forces for 37 years.
D'hage discusses the situation with a few college students whilst enjoying the nightlife in Istanbul. Here's an excerpt:
"What do you think of George Bush?" Ekrem asks. Ekrem is a student of politics, also at Istanbul University. That is easier. "I am reminded of Peter Ustinov's answer to the same question," I reply. "If the American people are really happy with George Bush, Clinton was a man of unnecessary brilliance."
D'hage also talks of the rise and demise of empires throughout history in comparison to the current American model or what not. The Ustinov quote in which D'hage referred to was mentioned in
this time article in which focuses on Ustinov view of America empire, Putin and other issues.
Peter Ustinov Bio.This caught my interest as I was searching google news, what an awesome tool. Gotta go, duty calls. Whatever that may be. A toasty 0 degrees herre.